I will wake up at three AM
And I will roll over
Into your arms.
You will rub my back
Until I fall back to sleep.
I will wait for that.
Both photos are of the same girls. They just so happened to have fallen in love.
While I try not to reblog things that I’ve reblogged here before, I can’t help but do this one again. OMG THE CUTEST!
Find someone who makes you realize three things: one, that home is not a place, but a feeling. Two, that time is not measured by a clock, but by moments. And three, that heartbeats are not heard, but felt and shared.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being (via kaylaaanicole)
things i would like to do:
- kiss your face
- kiss not your face
- see you smile always
- idk buy you things
- make you mac and cheese
- learn all your favourite songs
- tell you that u r a cutie
- have a sleepover without sleep u feel me
Hate to be the bearer of harsh truths, tumblr, but:
- It’s not easy if it’s the right person. In fact, the way you know it’s the right person is that you decide that it is right, despite it not being easy.
- You’re never going to be made whole by a woman or a man. You’re never going to not be broken in some area. Another person can not mend you.
- If you are waiting and holding out hope for that one magical person that will touch you or look at you like no one else has, you’ll likely miss someone amazing right under your nose because they weren’t spectacular enough to match your fantasy.
- Loving someone so that they feel free is terrible advice, or rather, isn’t love at all. When someone loves you they desire to help carry your burdens. Don’t love someone so they’ll feel free; love someone in such a way that they are glad to be a servant.
- People are people. They aren’t rainstorms, hurricanes, tidal waves, fireworks, the stars, or paintings. They’re flesh and bone; heart and head. Don’t crush them with the weight of expectations, and don’t crush them with the weight of idealism either. One guaranteed way of making your someone feel inadequate is to compare them to a standard.
- It’s okay to feel discouraged. Especially here. It’s alright to feel boring and average when everyone posts pictures of their quiet times or their poetry or doodles that are way better than anything you can do. It’s okay to feel ugly or unseen when they post nonstop pictures of their significant others or their friends and everyone comments on how beautiful and wonderful they are and you wish you just had a friend to even say hi to let alone to tell you that you look great.
- Not everyone is a poet or an artist. We can’t all look at life or the weather or a painting or a song and see something deeper and profound - if we did, it would no longer be deep because everyone could see it. It would be shallow.
- Real life is a thing that exists. There aren’t any vintage filters and vignettes on your eyeballs. Good luck hiking mountains, going on road trips, thrifting empty picture frames, travelling the world, and hanging out at cute coffee shops every day (and making sure there’s another person to photograph it all) when you work 40 hours a week to pay back your $40,000 in loan debt.
- If and when you find someone, sometimes you’ll want them to make the coffee and they’ll say, “Make your own fucking coffee.” And it will hurt your heart.
- You’ll probably live in an average house. That’s okay. Chances are slim that it will have cathedral ceilings, exposed brick, a breakfast nook, kitchen island, huge backyard, loft in the city, or whatever you’re dreaming for.
- It’s okay to wear sweatpants and a t-shirt. You don’t have to have 30 patterned layers on straight out of GQ. Yes, even in public.
- In your self-focused attempts, for your own gain, to be cool, hip, and trendy (don’t act like these words are below you; they matter a whole lot to all of us), others around you are being discouraged and feeling defeated. You don’t mean or want for that to happen, but it is. Don’t be blind to your effect.
i don’t know what to tell you
other than the fact that a giraffe’s
heart weighs 22 pounds and that
somebody once told me when
flies fall in love, their entire brain
is rewired to only know loving each
other. when one of them dies, their
memory becomes blank. i hope you
never think about anything as much
as i think about waking up next to
you during a windstorm at 5 am.